Our FreeConference.com screen sharing service works right inside your browser using WebRTC technology. There is nothing to download and no need for your participants to register anywhere in order to view your screen or shared documents.
- Version 58 or higher of Chrome is required
- Windows, Mac or Linux computer required
2. Join your Online Meeting Room
- Click 'Start' from your account dashboard in Chrome or the App OR
- Paste your meeting room link in your Chrome browser
3. Click the 'SHARE' button at the top centre of your Online Meeting Room
- Older browsers will require an extension to be installed. Click 'Add Extension' and follow the instructions
4. Choose what you want to share
- Entire Desktop - best for PowerPoint slide decks
- One Application - useful if you want to ensure viewers only see one specific document
- A Google Chrome tab - easiest for sharing a website in Chrome
5. Exit Screen Sharing
- Click the 'SHARE' button at the top centre of your Online Meeting Room OR
- Click 'Stop Sharing Screen' in the centre / bottom of your online meeting room
It is also possible to upload a document to present via the chat box on the right hand side. This is the best option for smaller groups and animated PowerPoint presentations.
Participants: The following support article explains in detail how your participants can access a conference call to view your screen share/video presentation: How do Participants access my web conference?
If you experience any issues with screen sharing, please visit the following troubleshooting links for help: