If other participants are unable to hear you or they can not see your video, it may only be that you need to adjust a simple setting within your browser.
1. Check you are not muted
- Verify your device is not muted
- If you are on a conference in the online meeting room, click the microphone icon to unmute/mute your audio
- *6 will unmute/mute your audio in our system if you called in via phone
2. Verify Connections
It may seem obvious, but it can still happen to the most tech-savvy person. Be sure to check that all cables are properly connected. Sometimes unplugging and plugging them back in again can do the trick
3. Check the Online Meeting Room Settings
- While in the Online Meeting Room, click on the settings cog in the menu on the right-hand side of the screen
- Verify that audio is detected via the bar under 'Audio'
- If no sound or video is detected, choose a different device from the drop-down menu
- Click 'save'
4. Call Diagnostic Test
If changing the settings doesn't resolve the problem, then it is a good idea to run the 'Connection Test'. The link to this test can be found via 'Settings' within the Online Meeting Room and also via the Menu in your account dashboard. Just visit the link in your Google Chrome browser and follow the instructions. Depending on what the issue is, you may need to reach out to our customer support team for assistance.
5. Check Browser Permissions
- Click on the small lock symbol at the top left of your Chrome browser's address bar field while in the online meeting room
- To unblock your webcam and microphone, click on the small arrow to the right of 'Camera' and 'Microphone' and select 'Allow'.
6. Check you computer's audio/video settings
It can also be that the audio/video settings on your computer need to be adjusted. We have noticed that sometimes on Windows computers for example, the microphone becomes muted - possibly by another application. In this case, you will need to:
- Right click on the audio icon in your task bar.
- Select 'recording devices'.
- In the window that appears, select the microphone you are using.
- Click on 'properties'.
- Select the 'Levels' tab.
- If you see that the device is muted, or the volume is low, then you will need to click on the speaker icon to unmute the device and/or increase the volume, and your microphone should then work again as normal.
7. Check that your participants/viewers are properly connected
If your participants did not connect their audio when joining via internet, or have issues as listed in point 4 or 5, then the source of the problem may not be on your side. Especially if some don't have issues and it is only one or two who can't hear your audio or see your video. I would recommend sending this troubleshooting link to help resolve the issue.