Retention policies allow you to automatically delete files in bulk to ensure you only keep the files you need and delete the ones you don't.
Depending on your subscription, files may be automatically deleted once they are older than a specified amount of time. Otherwise, you are able to set your own preference to have files older than 6 months for example deleted automatically.
These retention policies can be adjusted for the audio and video recordings of your meetings and also any files that are shared during meetings.
*If you don't find these settings in your admin panel, please reach out to customer support for assistance.
To adjust your file retention settings:
- Navigate to 'Admin & Billing' via the top right hand menu from your account dashboard
- Select 'Storage' under the 'Account Management' section of the left-hand menu
- Select either 'Keep all shared files' or 'Delete after a certain period' from the dropdown menu
- If you chose to delete after a certain period, enter the duration in days, months or years
- Select 'Save'
- The new retention policy will take effect within 24 hours and files will then be permanently deleted within 7 days after the policy is enabled.
- Files shared during meetings can be found by clicking on the 'Drive' icon in the top toolbar of your account dashboard and then select 'Shared'. These files can also be found in the Past Meetings section attached to individual meetings along with the chat history.
- Audio and/or video recordings of your meetings can found by clicking on the 'Drive' icon in the top toolbar of your account dashboard and then select 'Recordings'. These files can also be found in the Past Meetings section attached to individual meetings. Clicking in a recording name from the Drive will take you to that meeting to view the entire summary of your call.